Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Having a Haunted Holiday: Scary Movies by Carlaberry

I love Halloween. Always have. Always will. But the reasons will change as I get older and less prone to awesome. So I must pass my love on to future generations and the imaginary people who read my blog. First I would like to share how to waste your time during midterms month. Watch scary movies.

This is not to say that scary movies are the only way to waste your time in October but it sure is the best. If you gather a bunch of friends or even a large pillow you can have a grand old time cuddling and screaming and being generally unnaturally freaked.


The only way to really celebrate the month of October for me is watching anything creepy, suspenseful  ghost-filled or even horrifying.

Horror Movies


Below is a link to a horror movie site that takes you step by step through the horror movie genre. Answering questions like, "Are Horror movies for me?" "How do I not have nightmares?" and best of all "What horror movie should I watch?"
https://sites.google.com/site/howtobecomeahorrormoviebuff/project-definition

The site does not include my very favorite horror movie The Haunting of Connecticut.

Just Plain Scary

I am looking for a Psychological Thriller that will make it so I can't sleep at night. Hm let's see...
 Psycho, The Birds, Rear Window, Secret Window, Sweeny Todd

Monster Movies

These movies seem to impact our culture a great deal. Everybody loves a good monster! Why? I know but I'll just list some movies. (mocking Ha ha while I type) :)

Edward Scissor Hands is a monster movie. Yes yes it is. If you have ever read Frankenstein than you know that Edward Scissor hands is just another portrayal of a misunderstood creature looking for love. But he is instead met with fear and hate. So in other words he gets his own blib because I can never ever watch that movie without crying my eyes out ant then sleeping with the light on.... yeahhhh

Harry Potter is not a moster movie. I just think he is develishly handsome. 


Children's Movies

Childrens Halloween movies are great in number. Mostly because of the combination of Disney and Burton trying to make money off of the beginning of the Holiday season. So some of the movies are stinky, some of them rock and some of them actually uplift me and make me happy. Here is a list. (Deep breath)

Casper, Corpse Bride, It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown, Monster House,  Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Paranorman, Halloween Town movies, The Adventures of Iccabod and Mr. Toad, Hocus Pocus, Adams Family, Frankenweini 


 Don't look under the Bed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbXFf8R7974

This is one of those movies taht uplifts me and it is at your fingertips and not very well known. So watch it or I will find you. The End.


Comedy Movies

Last but not least the Comedy movie. These are epic and can usually be watched all year long because of their accessibility. But please enjoy my recommendations!
 Rocky Horror Picture Show, Young Frankenstein,  Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Shaun of the Dead, Little Shop of Horrors, Beetlejuice, Clue 

No comments:

Post a Comment