Thursday, November 8, 2012

Movie Review: 007 Skyfall



Yes, I finally saw a movie before everyone else. I went to an IMax Movie premier which was on a Wednesday night. And suffice it to say I was the only person who had never liked a James Bond movie before who was there. Actually I was one of the few people there at all. The movie had maybe 30 people in it. But that is ok.
The poster I got
Skyfall had a predictable plot twist. A kind of Dark Knight theme to it. With a Joker like villain. But they did it well, in their own fashion. Apparently the James Bond way is a very unique way. I was wrong, and I feel ashamed for admitting, that Mission impossible was just an american version of 007. But I was wrong only because of the 50 year history the Bond movies have. If you want an homage to the old movies you've got it in Skyfall. A little bit of James Bond history is scattered here and there. If you want a villain with a gruesome back-story, Skyfall is your movie. Cool special effects. Got um.

I project that everyone will like the movie. Once it is over. The running time is almost 3 hours. halfway through the movie I was looking forward to the explosions in the end. There was a severe lack of explosions early in on the movie. The Chase scenes were fantastic and the gadgets were lacking in numbers but ok in effectiveness. 

So basically I went to the wrong midnight showing. Rule for anyone going to see Skyfall tonight. Do not take your girlfriends. Bryce Massey made it abundantly clear that I was stepping on man parts by being there. 

I got a poster though. That was cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment