Monday, March 21, 2011

A slow decent into Swagger-less...ness

It has come to my attention that as I grow older I am beginning to lose track of where my feet are going. This is not because I am growing taller or even because my nose is sticking higher in the air but because I am growing wider. And, like a pregnant woman as my belly becomes larger I feel more wise as I become more wide. Wisdom, age, and thickness all equal one inescapable fact. I am no longer date-able.
I'm writing a blog about it to let the world know that I am far to grown-up to take offence at this fact. Wisdom being the only trait that I am able to admit to willingly it is also the only reason I will say is allowed to revoke my extreme date-ability. Some may say it is because I have become less pompous, but I cannot say that I know this is a fact. I am the only one who has my head on my shoulders and will therefore be the only one to measure it. Some may say it is because I am focusing more on my skills. Also I beg to differ, as the owner of my hands I know where their callus's are coming from and I say that their sources can in no way be called skill.
As my body parts distract me from my daily doings I am losing my swagger and gaining my destiny. It seems that keeping track of where I have been was keeping me from where I was going. But along this road I cannot shake my hips and keep my balance...oh the tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment