Friday, July 27, 2012

How to feel Good When You don't feel Good

In Philosophy the term "Good" is scrutinized because the meaning of moral good is so illusive. But for women that good is so different! Our bodies, our personalities, our self worth, and our emotional state need to feel GOOD. When we are sick, or fat, or without party invitation we feel bad.(and not good.) So here are some tips and tricks to keep all the rest of that junk feeling good so the philosophers can get the attention they deserve.

Bodies


When we get sick or when chocolate becomes our nearest and dearest friend it is difficult to feel good about our bodies. I used to think I was immune to the medias influence on my bodies' worth. But then I discovered Disney Channel. Such skinny arms! And then I looked at pictures of myself 70 lbs. ago! And then I had the flu....
There is a lot to be said about nail polish. When characters make sure they are human in movies they look at their hands. When I want to make sure I look pretty I avoid mirrors and often look at my hands unwittingly. When I have nice pink pretty nails with a shapely shape I forget my unshapely body, red nose, and belly aches. Really it works! I know it is time consuming and getting just the right color is hard but try it!

Then there is make up and clothes. I know wearing a large stinks but if  "what not to wear" taught me anything it's that if you feel better about how you look now you will feel more confident about losing the weight later. So after your hands make you sigh with relief go wear something that makes YOU feel beautiful. Here is a picture of how I look today. Weird? Maybe. But I feel great!

Personalities


I do not believe that I am alone in thinking that my personality could use some work. I feel fundementally flawed when I step out of my comfort zone.  But there is one easy way to fix this. DETERMINATION MODE. Really this works. Close your eyes and decided that your insecurity is your flaw and be determined to feel fine. Of coarse you will still make mistakes but in the end you often feel GREAT!

Self Worth


When the above two just don't cut it you do something my dear sister Holly Flanagan taught me to do. (So Dang Brilliant) You call the people who love you. Yeah even when you don't feel like they do. pretend you feel great and WABAM! they treat you like you are great! Then remember that other peoples opinions don't really matter but that some people can see how great you are. And they are just so right. ;)

Emotional State


OOOOOOk. When you just feel BAD. When you have tried the above but your hands are too heavy to lift mascara, or the phone, or even your eyelids. When the bed is a safe place to cry and be sad. Then you cry and be sad. Set a timer, write a list of sucky things, and cry about them. 


Well I hope this was helpful! Have a GOOD DAY! And hug a philosopher, they don't know what good is. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment