Saturday, June 23, 2012

Voting: The Propaganda Story

I am an ashamed Republican. But a Republican none-the-less. I have always let my heart lead my head so when my first love was a republican politician my heartfelt loyalty for Obama and his healthcare plan that let me take as few credits as I wanted to jumped the tracks and landed in the Big Red land of the Republic.
                                                                                                               
As I have learned more about the science fiction world and how Propaganda is really just our own willingness to be ignorant I decided I would go into this election with a cool head and a clear list of what I was looking for in my government.

Foreign Policy is usually fix what you broke and give help when the United Nations says it's ok.

Immigration, yeah, illegals need to have patience and not profit.

Health Care, please keep giving me money.



Jobs, don't focus on the big boy jobs. Students are out of jobs too. If they can't afford college and collect debt then we are creating a top heavy economy  that will collapse when our students become parents without an education and a huge pile of debt.

So I subscribed to both Obama and Romney ( even Ron Paul for the sake of a friend) and I looked at teh message they were trying to send throug their propaganda. Ok Romney is not Obama and Obama claims people don't hate him, they just think they do. Nice.

It came time to look at the policies closely. Romney's website was incredibly helpful. http://www.mittromney.com/
The issues were clearly spelled out and they even had a cheat sheet for those who didn't want to read the whole mess of it.

And then Obama.
http://www.barackobama.com/obama-for-america-2012-campaign?source=om2012_LB_G_name-search_obama-exact_jn1b&utm_medium=om2012&utm_source=G&utm_campaign=LB_name-search&utm_content=jn1b&subsource=kw|obama|matchtype|e|pcrid|12132714363|pl|&gclid=CP7-isLK5bACFYYZQgod3Emk0w

THAT is the first website that came up. He was asking me for money and not letting me get to the issues. AT  ALL!



In all fairness http://www.barackobama.com/ does not need to be googled. I could have just typed it in. But there is a big box at the top and a box below it, both asking for money.

They even have a killer prize in a contest that requires you give them money. I would KILL to have dinner with Obama, they say he is quite fun at parties. I would not like to be bated into supporting his campaign without knowing anything about his issues. I still have not looked at them too closely. But I am still considering crossing my fingers and entering that dang contest!


So until I can get over the blatant attempt at mind control I will be voting for Romney. Even though I don't like him much.

No comments:

Post a Comment